A man and a woman sit near each other, and they do not long
at this moment to be older, or younger, nor born
in any other nation, or time, or place.
They are content to be where they are, talking or not talking.
Their breaths together feed someone whom we do not know.
The man sees the way his fingers move;
he sees her hands close around a book she hands to him.
They obey a third body they have in common.
They have made a promise to love that body.
Age may come, parting may come, death will come.
A man and woman sit near each other;
as they breathe they feed someone we do not know,
someone we know of, whom we have never seen.
- noornalini likes this
- strategos reblogged this from paynehollow
- bluegreenseas likes this
- tidesofmind reblogged this from parkstepp
- tidesofmind likes this
- allgoodthinks reblogged this from parkstepp
- parkstepp reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- parkstepp likes this
- ccalm likes this
- thisisamap likes this
- abhorticulture likes this
- ontheborderland likes this
- sacrecoeur likes this
- sergionavarrete likes this
- mythologyofblue likes this
- whiskeyandjealousy reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- false-light likes this
- billa likes this
- lightinthenight likes this
- phootyraskel reblogged this from crashinglybeautiful
- tffnyw likes this
- onlyondemairt likes this
- yama-bato likes this
- anoutofbodyexperience likes this
- sarah-n-dipity likes this
- sleepswithlions likes this
- crashinglybeautiful reblogged this from paynehollow
- paynehollow posted this